All righty! It’s about time I put work on the back burner for good and get back to having a life (even if it’s just my month old blogging life) – just kidding with the back burner bit; I need my job so that I can fund my eternal quest for the perfect belgian waffle 😛 I can be a clown considering all the crazy juggling I do, nonetheless, I turn my eyes from the blog for a bit and wham ! I receive nominations from two perfectly awe-inducing bloggers Carter Vail and alexdoesstuffsometimes for two awards!!
My first thought was that it must be some kind of a joke, but then curiosity got better of me and I decided to take the matter in my hands. As I browsed through blog post after blog post on the award, I realised that the awards that I’ve been nominated for are the real deal – One lovely blog award and Liebster Award!! Once my little brain had digested the enormous fact, I felt the swell rising inside me. Heck, I felt like John O’keefe – or not – okay maybe a broke John O’keefe. And my curiosity piqued again – why in the world would someone
sane nominate my blog, its only a month old (to be honest, I wasn’t even sure anyone would read my blog when I started)? But the swell got better of me. So while my brain farts and the happy ballooning played tug of war inside of my insane head, I decided to complete the requirements of the award. In all the confusion that ensued, I ended with this mash up of a post!
First of all, really like to thank both Carter Vail and alexdoesstuffsometimes for the nomination – there wouldn’t have been a happy-inflated-gas-balloon-of-a-me had it not been for the two of you! I’m a hot air balloon in the sky !!
Now on to the rules of the two awards (*pulls hair out* *stresses about getting everything correct*) which are to be followed to the T if I am to accept the award. * starry daydreams of being on stage bowing to an applauding audience*
I’ll start with the One Lovely Blog Award first since it was the first nomination I received. The nominees for this award are chosen by fellow bloggers with the aim to recognise new or up-coming bloggers and to help them reach more viewers. It acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers ( Or so I read – okay , so I tried to do my homework :P) – Beautiful thoughts-who? Me, really??
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you for the award and link back to them in your post:
I’ve already done that but to be honest Carter Vail and alexdoesstuffsometimes I cannot thank you enough for the encouragement that you guys have given me through this nomination! It means a lot especially since I am always awestruck every time I visit your blogs. So once again – thank you !! You guy’s rock – and so do your blogs !!
2. Add one lovely blog award logo to your post – Done !!
3. Share 7 facts about yourself – uh oh – this is a difficult one but I’ll still give it a shot:
- Let me start by saying that I talk – a lot! As in never ending ceaseless rambling talk – I always have things to say and I jump from topics to topics- quite randomly and get back to the initial topics somewhere mid way leaving everyone confused – where was I ? Oh! I see, you’ve figured the talking bit out already….
- I love dogs – they are the most adorable creatures on the planet, I say that despite having been bitten by one – In-your-face dog haters !
- I am addicted to chocolate and can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner – not to forget the snacks in between too 😛 In also my, I am eating a chocolate chip cookie right at the moment of typing this.
- Reading is my favourite activity – I’ll read anything, especially when I eat – including backs of cereal boxes and food wrappings if I fail to get my hands on anything else.
- Sleeping is also my favourite activity. When I was in school, my biggest aim during holidays to sleep as much as possible at a stretch and I would end up averaging between 12-13 hrs per day (okay I am sleepy now)!
- I have a scar on my left leg which I got when I walked over what I thought was a plank (but turned out to be glass) and my leg went through – and I was reluctant to get stitches, not because it would hurt but it would break my record of being the only one amongst my friends who didn’t have stitches (okay, I was 12). Though eventually I did get them and spoke to my mum non-stop throughout out the process (Not so hard to believe now, is it? – see what I did there? :P)
- I enjoy writing, I wrote my first ever piece of written work (a poem) when I was 12. Come to think of it the year I was 12 was quite an eventful year in my life – I wrote, learnt fiberglass painting and got stitches too!!!
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog: I am not sure if I have exactly 15, but below are the blog(gers) who I feel deserve the award.
Phew ! Now onto the Liebster award !!! And the nominees are * drumroll*
Yes that’s true !! You guys are fantastic and deserve both of the awards!
The rules for the Liebster award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog – done that too
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog: thank you yet again Carter Vail and alexdoesstuffsometimes , :D!
- Write 11 random facts about yourself – wow, I’ve already written 7 , now another 11? Okay, I’ll just cheat a little bit and add 5 more *sweat drips from forehead*
- I love to eat, not just chocolate – I love food in general ( No, I’m not a glutton ! Okay, maybe borderline… )
- It took me two whole years of contemplation to finally get myself a blog
- I’ve had a dog, a cat and a bunch of fishes as pet all at the same time – my house was a zoo!
- When I was a kid, I wanted to have a zoo in my backyard
- I wanted to be a scientist after watching Jurassic Park , so I could have my own Jurassic park in addition to the zoo!
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 (or 1000 – too many award versions online) followers – done that too ( I am feeling efficient now!! )
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
- Pea-green nail polish, edgy or icky? Umm… with the right outfit quite edgy I say!
- Tea or coffee? Both! Coffee in the morning te ain the evening!
- Favourite holiday? My trip to Switzerland with my mum, aunt and cousins – the whole trip was plagued by us being late for planes, trains and buses !! It was probably the funniest and craziest trip I ever had.
- List three of your hobbies: Writing, reading and talking.
- What’s your favourite genre of music? I listen to anything that pleases my ear (and heart).
- What’s your favourite genre of film? Science fiction
- What was your favourite subject in school? English
- Impulse purchasing: Fess up, do you do it? Who doesn’t 😛
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? Lol, it thould be obvious by now – chocolate !
- On a scale of 1 (not at all) to 10 (very, very much), how much of a procrastinator are you? 10 – thats why it took me a week to even write this post 😛
And my 11 questions are :
- What’s your favourite dessert?
- What’s the longest you’ve slept at a stretch?
- Name at least 3 books that have impacted you (bonus points for why).
- What activity do you find most therapeutic?
- What is your favourite colour and the least favourite?
- Name one song that you find timeless.
- What is your biggest achievement in life and why?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What are the top places you want to visit ?
- If there is one thing that you would desperately want to do right now, what would that be ?
- Last but not the least, why did you decide to blog?
Allright guys , its your turn to carry the torch now ! looking forward to your responses ! Enjoy the glory – you deserve it !